- Our workshops will add drama to your classroom. Allow us to visit your school and bring learning to life.
- Our educational workshops have been enjoyed by thousands of young people.
- We provide cross – curricular drama workshops delivering learning objectives set by the national curriculum.
- We have produced practical workshops aimed at developing creativity and imagination.
- Our workshops enhance your creative curriculum topics.
- Our workshops are delivered by passionate and professional facilitators.
Create & Stage School Workshops
1. Create and Stage School Workshop + FREE relevant script and accompanying CD.
Suitable for KS2.
Step back into past lives, become a different person, imagine a different world, experience the emotions of another time. Through the use of drama, artefacts, costumes, music, sounds and staging we make this a possibility for all children as part of our create and stage educational, interactive workshops.
Drama has a proven positive impact on learning. With this in mind our workshops encourage learning through tried and tested drama techniques to create unique, theatrical, educational experiences with the wow factor which connect with the national curriculum.
Our workshops promise to bring learning to life and provide a stimulating, memorable experience which will motivate your young people to engage and interact with the specific theme.
Our workshops aim to –
- Be a fully interactive and fun learning experience.
- Build confidence, communication, concentration and co-operation.
- Develop literacy, comprehension and vocabulary skills.
- Encourage speaking and listening.
- Gain knowledge, skills and understanding associated with the artistic practice of drama.
- Improve understanding and engagement.
- Inspire imagination and creativity.
- Promote team work, decision making and sharing ideas.
- Provide opportunities to improvise, devise and work on scripted drama.
All our workshops are delivered by a passionate, dedicated, highly skilled drama practitioner who is fully DBS checked.
To check availability please email us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Full day workshops (to work alongside your school day)
Half day workshops (to work alongside your school day)
For up to 35 children.
For specific information please click on your chosen product below.
Great Practitioners Workshops
Suitable for GCSE and A-Level Students
Stanislavski is fundamental to the core training of any student of acting. More often than not his methods have been contaminated with false information and misinterpretation. It is a responsibility of any teacher, director or facilitator to re evaluate the fundamental principles of his methods – tried and tested to then clean up and deliver practical exercises that are true to his essence.
Stanislavski In Training – It All Starts With Imagination is a tailor made package of exercises which are directly related to Stanislavski’s ‘The Actor Prepares’. ‘The Actor Prepares’ is the start point in his journey to prepare the actor for professional performances – beginning with the actor them self, their state of being and all the fundamental attributes and skills needed to then move on to building a character.
Within these exercises your students will discover where they are as a potential artist in the journey through to performance. The tailor made workshops move in a linear order- building from one exercise to the next.
Each workshop can specialize on 3 or 4 aspects of Stanislavski’s methods or it can introduce a wide selection of the practical exercises. Suitable for GCSE and A-Level students.
Option 1: 2 hr Workshop
We cover a taster of:
- IMAGINATION X1
- ACTION X1
- EMOTIONAL MEMORY X1
- THE UNBROKEN LINE
- CONCENTRATION OF ATTENTION
Option 2: 4 hr Workshop
- RELAXATION OF THE MUSCLES
- ANIMAL WORK
- EMOTIONAL MEMORY
- THE UNBROKEN LINE
- CONCENTRATION OF ATTENTION
- FAITH AND SENSE OF TRUTH
- EXERCISE TO DETECT FALSE HOOD
- EMOTIONAL MEMORY # 3 BASED ON THE WORK ACHIEVE IN (THE UNBROKEN LINE)
(Each student to attend with a monologue memorised)
Option 3: 4 hr Script Preparation
The workshops have been developed by Victoria May a regular lecturer in these techniques at Salford University, a freelance director and actress. Victoria has developed exercises to achieve the results Stanislavski writes of in his 4 core texts. The most powerful aspect of this practical work is – does it produce results. These tried and tested techniques and exercises help develop a better understanding of Stanislavski’s system. Acting is play and is meant to be fun as well as challenging – through these workshops the results are there for all to achieve.
Now taking bookings in Greater Manchester, Liverpool and North Yorkshire. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to book.
Get In On The Drama
A NEW, EXCITING DRAMA CLUB IS OPENING SOON IN BERWICK UPON TWEED.
Suitable for ages 7-18.
With over 20 years experience teaching young people drama and producing professional shows the classes offer a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills, have fun and meet new friends.
Venue, times and prices to be confirmed. Register your interest using the contact form below and we’ll keep you informed.